- SWFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.2 million.
- SWFT is up 5.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SWFT: Swift Transportation Company operates as a multi-faceted transportation services company in North America. The company operates through four segments: Truckload, Dedicated, Central Refrigerated, and Intermodal. SWFT has a PE ratio of 22.6. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Swift Transportation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Swift Transportation has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Swift Transportation has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.48 and a short float of 16% with 4.97 days to cover. Shares are up 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Swift Transportation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO's earnings per share declined by 22.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.10 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.27 versus $1.10).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.37 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SWFT's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.44, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Swift Transportation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.