- HIW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.2 million.
- HIW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HIW has a PE ratio of 53.8.
- HIW is mentioned 0.37 times per day on StockTwits.
- HIW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HIW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HIW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HIW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HIW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIW: Highwoods Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust engages in leasing, management, development, construction, and other customer-related services for its properties and for third parties. It invests in the real estate markets of United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. HIW has a PE ratio of 53.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Highwoods Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Highwoods Properties has been 744,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Highwoods has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 7% with 4.25 days to cover. Shares are up 12.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Highwoods Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC has improved earnings per share by 47.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.66 versus $0.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.70 versus $0.66).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $83.15 million or 11.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 18.48%.
- You can view the full Highwoods Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.