DRAPER, Utah, Oct. 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (OTCBB:FLXT) today announced its project and corporate priorities for 2015. During 2014, Flexpoint continued to deliver sensors for use in production of products for several different industries. Other accomplishments included:
- Delivering sensors to international companies for use in gloves that provide motion feedback. The sensors have a wide range of uses in gloves, including patient rehabilitation and virtual reality feedback devices.
- Completing in-vehicle testing for horn switch system with a Fortune 100 Automobile maker.
- Completing the first three phases on colonoscope product for Haemoband Surgical, LTD.
- Completing the electronics and software that will be used in a running shoe and other sports related products.
- Continuing to receive development orders from several companies, including Intertek for their ProTek System. This award-winning safety product is an automotive seat-monitoring device integrated into emergency response vehicles.
- Ensuring the proprietary running shoe product is commercially available for marketing to hundreds of millions of domestic and international runners.
- Completing the certification of the colonoscope and ensuring the product is widely available in Europe.
- Equipping emergency vehicles with the ProTek System, which includes Flexpoint's sensors.
- Completing Development of a golf shoe, using similar "smart shoe" technology that will be available on a national platform.
- In cooperation with Bend Tech, showcasing the proprietary medical bed mattress technology and incorporating it into a residential model.
- Ramping up for production of sensor technology for the automotive industry.
- Making the colonoscope product widely available in the United States.
About Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (FLXT) is an innovative technology firm specializing in developing products that feature the Company's patented Bend Sensor® and related technology. The Bend Sensor® is a groundbreaking sensing solution that is revolutionizing applications in the automotive, safety, medical and industrial industries. The Bend Sensor's single-layer, thin film construction cuts costs and mechanical bulk while introducing a range of functions and stylistic design possibilities that have never before been available in sensing technology. Flexpoint's technology and expertise have been recognized by the world's elite business and academic innovators for over 17 years. The company is setting a new standard for sensing solutions in the "smart" age of technology.Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that certain statements in this release are "forward-looking statements" and involve both known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Such uncertainties include, among others, certain risks associated with the operation of the company described above. The Company's actual results could differ materially from expected results.
CONTACT: Flexpoint Sensor Systems Clark Mower, President 801-568-5111 Brokers and Analysts: Chesapeake Group 410-825-3930