- PKG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $117.1 million.
- PKG has traded 566,823 shares today.
- PKG traded in a range 248.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.23.
- PKG traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 34 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 34 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PKG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PKG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PKG: Packaging Corporation of America manufactures and sells containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and Europe. The company operates through three segments: Packaging, Paper, and Corporate and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. PKG has a PE ratio of 12.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Packaging Corp of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Packaging Corp of America has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Packaging Corp of America has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 2.6% with 1.27 days to cover. Shares are down 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Packaging Corp of America as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PKG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 83.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA has improved earnings per share by 48.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA increased its bottom line by earning $4.51 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.65 versus $4.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry. The net income increased by 50.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $66.25 million to $99.56 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market, PACKAGING CORP OF AMERICA's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Packaging Corp of America Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.