- SBNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.2 million.
- SBNY has traded 289,639 shares today.
- SBNY traded in a range 268.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $6.35.
- SBNY traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 25 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 25 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SBNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SBNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SBNY: Signature Bank provides various business and personal banking products and services. SBNY has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Signature Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Signature Bank has been 334,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Signature has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Signature Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SIGNATURE BANK/NY has improved earnings per share by 32.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGNATURE BANK/NY increased its bottom line by earning $4.77 versus $3.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.82 versus $4.77).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 35.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $53.60 million to $72.48 million.
- The gross profit margin for SIGNATURE BANK/NY is currently very high, coming in at 83.93%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 30.65% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 196.68% to $175.13 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SIGNATURE BANK/NY has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -89.10%.
- You can view the full Signature Bank Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.