- DCT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.2 million.
- DCT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DCT has a PE ratio of 754.0.
- DCT is mentioned 0.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- DCT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DCT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DCT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DCT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DCT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DCT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DCT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DCT: DCT Industrial Trust Inc. operates as a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm provides its services to companies. Through its fund, it engages in the ownership, operation, and development of real estate properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. DCT has a PE ratio of 754.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DCT Industrial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for DCT Industrial has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DCT Industrial has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 3.9% with 1.69 days to cover. Shares are up 10.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DCT Industrial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DCT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.03 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.04 versus -$0.03).
- The gross profit margin for DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.98%. Regardless of DCT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DCT's net profit margin of 8.06% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 37.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $10.81 million to $6.80 million.
- You can view the full DCT Industrial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.