- WNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $82.0 million.
- WNR has traded 631,367 shares today.
- WNR is trading at 1.50 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WNR crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WNR: Western Refining, Inc. operates as an independent crude oil refiner and marketer of refined products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. WNR has a PE ratio of 13.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Western Refining a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Western Refining has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Western Refining has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.99 and a short float of 7.1% with 1.90 days to cover. Shares are down 5.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Western Refining as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WNR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 79.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.14% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WNR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WESTERN REFINING INC has improved earnings per share by 6.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTERN REFINING INC reported lower earnings of $2.71 versus $3.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.93 versus $2.71).
- WNR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.93 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.97 is weak.
- You can view the full Western Refining Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.