- NBG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- NBG has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- NBG is up 5.5% today.
- NBG was down 15.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NBG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NBG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NBG: National Bank of Greece S.A., together with its subsidiaries, offers diversified financial services primarily in Greece. The company is involved in retail and commercial banking, investment management, investment banking, insurance, investment activities, and securities trading activities. NBG has a PE ratio of 64.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates National Bank of Greece a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for National Bank of Greece has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. National Bank of Greece has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 61.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates National Bank of Greece as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7,775.80 million or 635.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.29%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 70.84% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 47.93%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 64.06% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE turned its bottom line around by earning $1.98 versus -$27.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 92.9% in earnings ($0.14 versus $1.98).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 12.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full National Bank of Greece Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.