- UPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.0 million.
- UPL has traded 654,968 shares today.
- UPL traded in a range 227.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.52.
- UPL traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 25 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 25 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UPL: Ultra Petroleum Corp., an independent oil and gas company, is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and operation of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. UPL has a PE ratio of 10.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Ultra Petroleum a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ultra Petroleum has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ultra has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 20.2% with 12.62 days to cover. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ultra Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UPL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $171.08 million or 21.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.80%.
- ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP's earnings per share declined by 9.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.54 versus -$14.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $1.54).
- In its most recent trading session, UPL has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income has decreased by 8.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $116.37 million to $106.05 million.
- You can view the full Ultra Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.