- ARE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.7 million.
- ARE is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ARE has a PE ratio of 44.3.
- ARE is mentioned 0.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- ARE has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ARE is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ARE is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ARE is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ARE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARE: Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership, operation, management, development, acquisition, and redevelopment of properties for the life sciences industry. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. ARE has a PE ratio of 44.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Alexandria Real Estate Equities a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alexandria Real Estate Equities has been 429,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alexandria Real Estate Equities has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 3.6% with 4.50 days to cover. Shares are up 21.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alexandria Real Estate Equities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ARE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 7.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $32.36 million to $34.81 million.
- ALEXANDRIA R E EQUITIES INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALEXANDRIA R E EQUITIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.60 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.64 versus $1.60).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALEXANDRIA R E EQUITIES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Alexandria Real Estate Equities Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.