- NPSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.5 million.
- NPSP has traded 59,974 shares today.
- NPSP is up 3.1% today.
- NPSP was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NPSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NPSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NPSP: NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of therapeutic products in the United States. Its lead product is Gattex for the treatment of adult patients with short bowel syndrome (SBS) who are dependent on parenteral support. NPSP has a PE ratio of 611.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate NPS Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for NPS Pharmaceuticals has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NPS has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.75 and a short float of 9.1% with 4.73 days to cover. Shares are down 24.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NPS Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NPSP's very impressive revenue growth is slightly higher than the industry average of 43.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.16 versus -$0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.03 versus -$0.16).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$6.08 million or 31.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 31.25%, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 102.27%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- NPSP's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 26.99%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full NPS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.