- ENLK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.7 million.
- ENLK has traded 51,101 shares today.
- ENLK is trading at 5.46 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ENLK is trading at a new low 3.10% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENLK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENLK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ENLK: EnLink Midstream Partners, LP, through its subsidiary, EnLink Midstream Operating, LP, provides midstream energy services. It is engaged in the gathering, transmission, processing, fractionation, and marketing natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), crude oil, and condensate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.8%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate EnLink Midstream Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for EnLink Midstream Partners has been 387,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. EnLink Midstream has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 2.7% with 4.36 days to cover. Shares are up 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EnLink Midstream Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENLK's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 57.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ENLK's share price has jumped by 54.49%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ENLINK MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENLINK MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP continued to lose money by earning -$0.97 versus -$1.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.67 versus -$0.97).
- The gross profit margin for ENLINK MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP is rather low; currently it is at 20.62%. Regardless of ENLK's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.48% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ENLINK MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full EnLink Midstream Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.