- ENR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.6 million.
- ENR is up 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ENR: Energizer Holdings, Inc. manufactures and sells primary batteries, portable lighting, and personal care products worldwide. It offers household and specialty batteries, including carbon zinc, alkaline, rechargeable, and lithium batteries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. ENR has a PE ratio of 19.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Energizer Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Energizer Holdings has been 494,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Energizer has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 3.9% with 3.95 days to cover. Shares are up 7.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Energizer Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ENR's share price has jumped by 29.64%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ENR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.61%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.70% trails the industry average.
- ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 25.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.46 versus $6.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.06 versus $6.46).
- You can view the full Energizer Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.