- TSO has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.84 mentions/day.
- TSO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $166.0 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSO: Tesoro Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in refining and marketing petroleum products in the United States. It operates in two segments, Refining and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. TSO has a PE ratio of 23.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Tesoro a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesoro has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesoro has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.50 and a short float of 5.6% with 2.85 days to cover. Shares are up 6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tesoro as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TSO's share price has jumped by 40.16%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 228.92% to $526.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TESORO CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.04%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.70, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.79 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Tesoro Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.