- DTV has 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.81 mentions/day.
- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $289.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTV: DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment services in the United States and Latin America. The company acquires, promotes, sells, and distributes digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Directv a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Directv has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $43.5 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.19 days to cover. Shares are up 25.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Directv as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.74% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 44.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- DIRECTV has improved earnings per share by 34.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $5.19 versus $4.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.87 versus $5.19).
- 48.46% is the gross profit margin for DIRECTV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DTV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.93% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $1,474.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. This quarter, DIRECTV's cash flow growth rate has remained relatively unchanged and is slightly below the industry average.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.