DeVry University today congratulates the finalists and winning team of its second annual Senior Project Showdown, a national competition of DeVry University’s senior projects and media portfolios, and its Keller Graduate School of Management’s capstone projects. All undergraduate and graduate students in their final semester collaborate with their peers on projects that apply their educational knowledge to solve a real-world challenge in their fields of study. The resulting portfolios and projects are evaluated by DeVry University faculty, alumni, staff and local employers as the students’ final graduation requirement. Since 2013, students have had the opportunity to compete against their peers from across the country in DeVry’s annual Senior Project Showdown. Each student team submitted a 60–90-second video and description of their project. The top projects were selected by a panel comprised of Microsoft, Cisco, Adobe and Hewlett-Packard representatives, as well as DeVry University faculty and staff, based on their innovation, real-world problem solving and creativity. Public voting on DeVry University’s Facebook ® page narrowed the top 10 down to three winning teams. The national champions of the 2014 Senior Project Showdown are: First Place - UpStge.com: a social-media community designed for aspiring musicians to display their talents and gain exposure. The unique service for artists and their fans features trending videos and personalized user profile pages .
- Students: Andres Hernandez, Greg Giaquinto, Eric Rivera and Joe Timme
- Campus: Phoenix
- Click to view the UpStge.com Senior Project video entry: http://youtu.be/VsJZznOTSFk
- "Love your idea. Mainstream platforms like YouTube etc. are difficult to gain exposure on and compete with a large amount and type of content. This targeted platform makes it easier to be discovered." - Microsoft representative
- Students: Celeste del Mundo, Jose Estrada, Jason Hammond and Harry Hergert
- Campus: Chicago
- Click to view the H-Bike Senior Project video entry: http://youtu.be/XhSPnaJllRs
- "Both the product and the 'commercial' are top notch. Great products don’t go anywhere if they are not marketed well, and well-marketed but poorly made products are also doomed. This project has it all, excellent benefit statements for both the individual and the environment." - Adobe representative
- Students: Time Barsch and Cassandra Moore
- Campus: Columbus, Ohio
- Click to view the Pavlov’s Chair Senior Project video entry: http://youtu.be/ERnYKUud-G4
- “I love that they’re addressing a real problem in schools today, something very common but critically important in terms of student safety. I wish I had this when my son was growing up!" - Cisco representative
To learn more about DeVry University’s Senior Project Showdown, visit devry.edu/seniorprojects.About DeVry University DeVry University’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. Founded in 1931, the university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs onsite and online covering 34 different career fields within its five distinguished colleges of study: Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology. The university is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org. DeVry University provides an education that prepares its students for a lifetime of success with dedicated faculty and staff who are committed to their students’ academic success. Its highly credentialed faculty members work in the fields that they teach, providing real-world experiences that prepare students for in-demand careers. With more than 85 locations in the U.S., DeVry University is one of the largest private-sector universities in North America. The university is a part of DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services. Find DeVry University on Twitter @DeVryUniv and Facebook at /DEVRYUNIVERSITY, or visit newsroom.devry.edu.