GlobalSCAPE, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GSB), the secure information exchange company, today announced updates for two products in its secure managed file transfer suite of solutions. In addition to securing email attachments, Globalscape ® Mail Express® now secures the transmission of both the content of a message as well as attachments, creating an end-to-end encrypted transaction for those occasions where message confidentiality is of the utmost concern. Globalscape EFT’s new Content Integrity Control™ provides an Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) connector to anti-malware scanners and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions, helping IT teams control and monitor the movement of sensitive files and avoid infected files. Securing the Transfer of Sensitive Emails As a part of doing business, employees must exchange sensitive emails with customers and partners. Mail Express can optionally process the content of a message, in addition to any attachments, creating an end-to-end encrypted transaction, protecting sensitive or confidential information as it’s sent. How Mail Express Secure Email Transmission Works
- When composing messages in Outlook or the Web, users can choose (or IT policies will enforce) to have Mail Express process the attachment, message body, or both.
- Mail Express then securely sends the message and attachment to the Mail Express server and simultaneously sends a secure download link to the recipient.
- The recipient can then click the link in the email (in any email application, including mobile), to securely download the attachment and read the message.
- Using their default email application or the Mail Express reply portal, the user can then reply and attach files of their own, closing the secure loop.
Integrating EFT with Content Integrity Control in Your Security Infrastructure
- Ensures transfers are free of malware;
- Ensures that employees are not sharing confidential or proprietary information;
- Ensures that no transfers contain nonpublic information, such as PHI (protected health information) and PFI (personal financial information);
- Helps you maintain compliance with PCI DSS 3.0 DLP requirements.