- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 107.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.72 million to -$3.57 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, CAFEPRESS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.60 million or 117.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 45.26%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 110.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- CAFEPRESS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAFEPRESS INC reported poor results of -$0.78 versus -$0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.13 versus -$0.78).
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Internet industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.3%. Laggards within the Internet industry included LookSmart ( LOOK), down 10.2%, Taomee Holdings ( TAOM), down 2.0%, CafePress ( PRSS), down 5.2%, Geeknet ( GKNT), down 5.1% and Global Sources ( GSOL), down 1.8%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: CafePress ( PRSS) is one of the companies that pushed the Internet industry lower today. CafePress was down $0.17 (5.2%) to $3.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 35,279 shares of CafePress exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 39,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.13-$3.28 after having opened the day at $3.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.30. CafePress Inc. operates an e-commerce platform enabling customers to shop, create, and sell various customized and personalized products worldwide. CafePress has a market cap of $56.9 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 47.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts who rate CafePress a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates CafePress as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on PRSS go as follows: