- ONNN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.3 million.
- ONNN has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- ONNN is trading at 2.70 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ONNN crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ONNN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ONNN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ONNN: ON Semiconductor Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets semiconductor components for electronic systems and products worldwide. It operates in three segments: Application Products Group, Standard Products Group, and System Solutions Group. ONNN has a PE ratio of 18.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate ON Semiconductor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for ON Semiconductor has been 6.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ON Semiconductor has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 1% with 1.06 days to cover. Shares are up 12.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ON Semiconductor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 81.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ONNN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.33 versus -$0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus $0.33).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 84.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $47.70 million to $88.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- You can view the full ON Semiconductor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.