- MACK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.3 million.
- MACK has traded 489,774 shares today.
- MACK is trading at 3.67 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MACK is trading at a new high 3.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MACK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MACK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MACK: Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, is engaged in discovering, developing, and preparing to commercialize medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of cancer primarily in the United States. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Merrimack Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Merrimack Pharmaceuticals has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Merrimack has a market cap of $845.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.57 and a short float of 21.2% with 5.07 days to cover. Shares are up 57.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Merrimack Pharmaceuticals as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$32.83 million or 35.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 39.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$30.08 million to -$18.11 million.
- MERRIMACK PHARMACEUTICALS has improved earnings per share by 45.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MERRIMACK PHARMACEUTICALS reported poor results of -$1.32 versus -$0.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.97 versus -$1.32).
- This stock has increased by 107.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in MACK do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- MACK's very impressive revenue growth is slightly higher than the industry average of 43.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.