- HPJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.9 million.
- HPJ has traded 135,665 shares today.
- HPJ is trading at 2.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HPJ is trading at a new high 5.06% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPJ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HPJ: Highpower International, Inc. manufactures and trades nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries for portable electronic devices. HPJ has a PE ratio of 51.9. The average volume for Highpower International has been 491,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Highpower International has a market cap of $109.4 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.78 and a short float of 3.1% with 0.23 days to cover. Shares are up 201.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Highpower International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 645.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.11 million to $0.81 million.
- HIGHPOWER INTERNATIONAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIGHPOWER INTERNATIONAL INC reported lower earnings of $0.11 versus $0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.23 versus $0.11).
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$4.49 million or 3.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, HIGHPOWER INTERNATIONAL INC has marginally lower results.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.55 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, HPJ has a quick ratio of 0.63, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Highpower International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.