- TTPH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.5 million.
- TTPH has traded 14,535 shares today.
- TTPH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TTPH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TTPH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TTPH: Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, develops various antibiotics for the treatment of serious and life-threatening multi-drug resistant infections. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals has been 305,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tetraphase has a market cap of $505.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 46.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TETRAPHASE PHARMACEUTICALS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 71.7% in earnings (-$2.37 versus -$1.38).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 240.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.43 million to -$18.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$12.16 million or 159.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- TTPH, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 65.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, TETRAPHASE PHARMACEUTICALS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.