- SDRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $260.4 million.
- SDRL traded 18,592 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:29 AM.
- SDRL is up 2% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SDRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SDRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SDRL: Seadrill Limited, an offshore drilling contractor, provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Floaters, Jack-up Rigs, and Tender Rigs. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 14.8%. SDRL has a PE ratio of 4.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Seadrill a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seadrill has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seadrill has a market cap of $12.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 7.7% with 2.73 days to cover. Shares are down 33.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Seadrill as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEADRILL LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEADRILL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 58.59%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 49.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- SDRL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 19.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SEADRILL LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEADRILL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $5.47 versus $2.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 44.2% in earnings ($3.05 versus $5.47).
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 41.57%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 64.87% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp decline over the past year may have been what was needed in order to bring its value into alignment with its fundamentals and others in its industry.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.