- CNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.2 million.
- CNC has traded 86,775 shares today.
- CNC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNC: Centene Corporation provides multi-line healthcare programs and services in the United States. It operates in two segments, Managed Care and Specialty Services. CNC has a PE ratio of 26.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Centene a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Centene has been 930,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Centene has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 6.7% with 3.90 days to cover. Shares are up 40.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Centene as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CNC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 20.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 54.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.83% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- CENTENE CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CENTENE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.82 versus $2.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 23.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $39.48 million to $48.86 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 320.18% to $159.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CENTENE CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.50%.
- You can view the full Centene Ratings Report.