NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Himax Technologies (HIMX) shares are up 1.8% to $9.44 on Monday after analysts at Craig-Hallum upgraded the stock to "buy" from "hold" while boosting its price target to $12 from $5.
Himax shares are trading on heavy volume in early trading today with 2.35 million shares already changing hands.
Last week the stock gained after analysts at Bank of America raised their shipment estimates for the company's LCOS micro-display through 2016 and said that it expects Google (GOOGL) to take a larger stake in the company as Google ramps up production of its Google Glass products STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreet Ratings team rates HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC (HIMX) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.47 versus $0.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 24.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $19.35 million to $24.11 million.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.46, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 962.28% to $22.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.36%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HIMX Ratings Report