- SGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.5 million.
- SGEN has traded 308,794 shares today.
- SGEN is trading at 8.50 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SGEN is trading at a new low 5.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SGEN: Seattle Genetics, Inc., a biotechnology company, develops and commercializes antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Seattle Genetics a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seattle Genetics has been 942,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Seattle has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.54 and a short float of 24.7% with 19.93 days to cover. Shares are up 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Seattle Genetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SEATTLE GENETICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEATTLE GENETICS INC reported poor results of -$0.52 versus -$0.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 53.8% in earnings (-$0.80 versus -$0.52).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 155.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.90 million to -$17.59 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SEATTLE GENETICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The share price of SEATTLE GENETICS INC has not done very well: it is down 5.98% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 43.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Seattle Genetics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.