- AMBA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $97.3 million.
- AMBA has traded 261,535 shares today.
- AMBA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMBA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMBA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMBA: Ambarella, Inc. develops semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD) video capture, sharing, and display worldwide. AMBA has a PE ratio of 42.3. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ambarella a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ambarella has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ambarella has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 23.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ambarella as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AMBA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AMBARELLA INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.82% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $8.58 million or 32.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Ambarella Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.