- LMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $227.2 million.
- LMT is up 4.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LMT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LMT: Lockheed Martin Corporation, a security and aerospace company, is engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services for defense, civil, and commercial applications in United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. LMT has a PE ratio of 18.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Lockheed Martin a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lockheed Martin has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lockheed Martin has a market cap of $56.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 2.6% with 3.90 days to cover. Shares are up 19.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lockheed Martin as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 37.24% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.82% to $977.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.45%.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $9.04 versus $8.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.25 versus $9.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 3.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $859.00 million to $889.00 million.
- LMT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Lockheed Martin Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.