- INSY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.2 million.
- INSY has traded 72,057 shares today.
- INSY is trading at 2.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- INSY is trading at a new high 4.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INSY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INSY NOW at Trade-Ideas
- INSY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 43.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 195.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- INSY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, INSY has a quick ratio of 2.49, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for INSYS THERAPEUTICS INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.28%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, INSY's net profit margin of 16.99% significantly trails the industry average.
- INSYS THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INSYS THERAPEUTICS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.17 versus -$0.78 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.4% in earnings ($1.08 versus $1.17).
- You can view the full Insys Therapeutics Ratings Report.