- JNS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.0 million.
- JNS traded 397,203 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:39 AM, representing 10.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JNS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JNS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JNS: Janus Capital Group, Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company with approximately $167.7 billion in assets under management. It also provides retirement planning, investment planning, tax planning, investment for college, and tax planning services to its clients. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. JNS has a PE ratio of 15.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Janus Capital Group a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Janus Capital Group has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Janus Capital Group has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 18.9% with 7.47 days to cover. Shares are down 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Janus Capital Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JNS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 137.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.90% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JNS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- JANUS CAPITAL GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JANUS CAPITAL GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.61 versus $0.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus $0.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 129.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.80 million to $36.30 million.
- You can view the full Janus Capital Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.