- BBRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.6 million.
- BBRY traded 516,829 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:48 AM.
- BBRY is down 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBRY: BlackBerry Limited provides wireless communications solutions worldwide. Currently there are no analysts that rate BlackBerry a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 21 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackBerry has been 13.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackBerry has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 41.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackBerry as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $302.00 million or 52.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- BLACKBERRY LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKBERRY LTD reported poor results of -$11.17 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.59 versus -$11.17).
- In its most recent trading session, BBRY has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- BBRY, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 68.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.