- NKE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $355.8 million.
- NKE is up 6.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NKE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NKE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NKE: NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, markets, and sells athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for men, women, and kids worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. NKE has a PE ratio of 26.5. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Nike a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nike has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nike has a market cap of $55.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.95 days to cover. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nike as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- NKE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NKE has a quick ratio of 1.71, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, NIKE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- NIKE INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NIKE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.98 versus $2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.39 versus $2.98).
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.