- The gross profit margin for US AUTO PARTS NETWORK INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.16%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.83% trails that of the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.48, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.18 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, US AUTO PARTS NETWORK INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 910.42% to $3.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, US AUTO PARTS NETWORK INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.27%.
- This stock has increased by 144.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in PRTS do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Retail industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5% versus the S&P 500, which was down 1.6%. Laggards within the Retail industry included QKL Stores ( QKLS), down 6.0%, ALCO Stores ( ALCS), down 18.1%, dELiA*s ( DLIA), down 5.2%, U S Auto Parts Network ( PRTS), down 2.6% and Gaiam ( GAIA), down 3.5%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: U S Auto Parts Network ( PRTS) is one of the companies that pushed the Retail industry lower today. U S Auto Parts Network was down $0.07 (2.6%) to $2.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 90,574 shares of U S Auto Parts Network exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 75,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.57-$2.76 after having opened the day at $2.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.67. U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online retailer of automotive aftermarket parts and accessories primarily in the United States, Canada, and the Philippines. It operates in two segments, Base USAP and AutoMD. U S Auto Parts Network has a market cap of $93.9 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates U S Auto Parts Network a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates U S Auto Parts Network as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on PRTS go as follows: