- EMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $605.4 million.
- EMC has traded 3.6 million shares today.
- EMC traded in a range 227.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.93.
- EMC traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 54 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 54 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EMC: EMC Corporation develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. It operates in three segments: Information Storage, Information Intelligence Group, and RSA Information Security. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. EMC has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate EMC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for EMC has been 16.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EMC has a market cap of $60.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.45 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.22 days to cover. Shares are up 18.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EMC as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although EMC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.25 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.12, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for EMC CORP/MA is rather high; currently it is at 69.98%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, EMC's net profit margin of 10.00% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,254.00 million or 2.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EMC CORP/MA's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 35.60%.
- EMC CORP/MA's earnings per share declined by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMC CORP/MA increased its bottom line by earning $1.33 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.91 versus $1.33).
- You can view the full EMC Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.