- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.2 million.
- HIMX has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- HIMX is down 3% today.
- HIMX was up 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIMX: Himax Technologies, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, provides display imaging processing technologies to consumer electronics worldwide. The company operates through Driver IC and Non-Driver Products segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. HIMX has a PE ratio of 25.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Himax Technologies a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Himax Technologies has been 4.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Himax has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 34.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Himax Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.47 versus $0.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 24.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $19.35 million to $24.11 million.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.46, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 962.28% to $22.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.59%.
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.