- BLK has 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.16 mentions/day.
- BLK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $161.4 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLK: BlackRock, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm primarily provides its services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. BLK has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate BlackRock a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackRock has been 547,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackRock has a market cap of $54.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 1% with 4.45 days to cover. Shares are up 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackRock as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BLACKROCK INC has improved earnings per share by 12.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKROCK INC increased its bottom line by earning $16.88 versus $13.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($19.22 versus $16.88).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 10.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $729.00 million to $808.00 million.
- 42.98% is the gross profit margin for BLACKROCK INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 29.08% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full BlackRock Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.