- CF has 17x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.77 mentions/day.
- CF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $244.9 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CF: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. manufactures and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Nitrogen and Phosphate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. CF has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate CF Industries Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CF Industries Holdings has been 609,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. CF has a market cap of $12.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 2.57 and a short float of 3.6% with 1.57 days to cover. Shares are up 15.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CF Industries Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CF's share price has jumped by 25.46%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 46.72% is the gross profit margin for CF INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CF's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CF's net profit margin of 21.22% compares favorably to the industry average.
- CF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, CF INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 4.30, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full CF Industries Holdings Ratings Report.