- DLTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $120.1 million.
- DLTR is down 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLTR: Dollar Tree, Inc. operates discount variety stores in the United States and Canada. Its stores offer merchandise at the fixed price of $1.00. DLTR has a PE ratio of 20.2. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Dollar Tree Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dollar Tree Stores has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar Tree Stores has a market cap of $11.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 2% with 1.16 days to cover. Shares are up 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dollar Tree Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DOLLAR TREE INC has improved earnings per share by 5.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR TREE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.75 versus $2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.06 versus $2.75).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, DOLLAR TREE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.52, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that DLTR's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.60, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- 36.63% is the gross profit margin for DOLLAR TREE INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DLTR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DLTR's net profit margin of 5.97% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Dollar Tree Stores Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.