NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of China Finance Online Co. (JRJC) are rising higher by 17.72% to $8.37 in mid-morning trading on Tuesday, after the company announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Zhongshan Securities Co. Ltd. to integrate with China Finance Online's newly-launched web-based trading platform, "Securities Master."
China Finance Online is a provider of vertically integrated financial services, including news, data, analytics, and brokerage. Zhongshan Securities operates as a securities trading firm.
"This partnership will allow China Finance Online to offer a competitive commission rate to investors, strengthen its platform's online trading capabilities and further expand its broad user base," the company said.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
"As a key part of the company's new strategy for "Securities Master," China Finance Online aims to continue to expand its partnerships with more securities firms, enabling it to offer an integrated financial platform with more comprehensive products and services to its broadened base of retail investors," China Finance Online continued.
Terms of the partnership were not disclosed.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR (JRJC) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JRJC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 43.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 321.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- JRJC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, JRJC has a quick ratio of 1.77, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 76.75%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -8.56% is in-line with the industry average.
- CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR continued to lose money by earning -$0.41 versus -$0.54 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JRJC Ratings Report