- AKS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $182.0 million.
- AKS has traded 875,945 shares today.
- AKS is up 3.3% today.
- AKS was down 6.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AKS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AKS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AKS: AK Steel Holding Corporation, through its subsidiary, AK Steel Corporation, produces flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel, and tubular products in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate AK Steel a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for AK Steel has been 8.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AK has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 2.05 and a short float of 28% with 1.70 days to cover. Shares are up 7.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AK Steel as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$206.10 million or 111.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for AK STEEL HOLDING CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.25%. Regardless of AKS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AKS's net profit margin of -1.11% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 57.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$40.40 million to -$17.10 million.
- This stock has increased by 116.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in AKS do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- AK STEEL HOLDING CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, AK STEEL HOLDING CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.34 versus -$9.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.24 versus -$0.34).
- You can view the full AK Steel Ratings Report.