- GEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.3 million.
- GEL traded 25,600 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:52 AM, representing 12.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GEL: Genesis Energy, L.P. operates in the midstream segment of the oil and gas industry in the Gulf Coast region of the United States. The company operates in three segments: Pipeline Transportation, Refinery Services, and Supply and Logistics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. GEL has a PE ratio of 56.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Genesis Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Genesis Energy has been 205,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Genesis Energy has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 1.6% with 4.33 days to cover. Shares are up 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- GENESIS ENERGY -LP's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENESIS ENERGY -LP reported lower earnings of $1.00 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.46 versus $1.00).
- GEL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for GENESIS ENERGY -LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.45%. Regardless of GEL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.08% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.89 million or 101.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Genesis Energy Ratings Report.