- ABBV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $660.5 million.
- ABBV traded 95,169 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:41 AM.
- ABBV is down 4.6% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABBV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABBV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABBV: AbbVie Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. ABBV has a PE ratio of 23.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate AbbVie a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for AbbVie has been 11.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AbbVie has a market cap of $94.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AbbVie as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, ABBVIE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ABBV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ABBVIE INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.69%. Regardless of ABBV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ABBV's net profit margin of 22.28% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.83 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, ABBV has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.23, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,717.00 million or 15.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full AbbVie Ratings Report.