- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 47.97% over the past twelve months. Although MOC had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- COMMAND SECURITY CORP has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, COMMAND SECURITY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.12 versus $0.04 in the prior year.
- MOC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, COMMAND SECURITY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COMMAND SECURITY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.71%. Regardless of MOC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MOC's net profit margin of 1.83% is significantly lower than the industry average.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Diversified Services industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.8%. Laggards within the Diversified Services industry included Bioanalytical Systems ( BASI), down 4.0%, SmartPros ( SPRO), down 6.1%, PDI ( PDII), down 2.0%, Command Security ( MOC), down 6.4% and EnviroStar ( EVI), down 5.1%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Command Security ( MOC) is one of the companies that pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today. Command Security was down $0.14 (6.4%) to $2.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 56,410 shares of Command Security exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 24,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.00-$2.16 after having opened the day at $2.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.20. Command Security Corporation provides uniformed security officers and aviation security services to commercial, financial, industrial, aviation, and governmental customers in the United States. The company operates through Security and Aviation Safeguards divisions. Command Security has a market cap of $20.9 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 6.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Command Security as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on MOC go as follows: