- SIAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.6 million.
- SIAL traded 111,250 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:44 AM, representing 27.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIAL: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. SIAL has a PE ratio of 24.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sigma-Aldrich a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sigma-Aldrich has been 445,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sigma-Aldrich has a market cap of $12.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.71 and a short float of 4.4% with 11.60 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sigma-Aldrich as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP has improved earnings per share by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.05 versus $3.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.36 versus $4.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 11.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $119.00 million to $133.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SIAL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.32, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 55.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.97% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.