- MNK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.0 million.
- MNK has a PE ratio of 77.3.
- MNK is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- MNK is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- MNK is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- MNK is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- MNK has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MNK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MNK NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MNK: Mallinckrodt public limited company develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes branded and generic specialty pharmaceuticals, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and diagnostic imaging agents worldwide. MNK has a PE ratio of 77.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Mallinckrodt a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mallinckrodt has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mallinckrodt has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 66.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mallinckrodt as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been very high debt management risk by most measures. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.67 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, MNK's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.20, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- In comparison to the other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, MALLINCKRODT PLC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MALLINCKRODT PLC is rather high; currently it is at 56.09%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.69% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has improved to $26.90 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- MALLINCKRODT PLC has improved earnings per share by 10.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.33 versus $0.06).
- You can view the full Mallinckrodt Ratings Report.