- WM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.2 million.
- WM is making at least a new 3-day high.
- WM has a PE ratio of 174.5.
- WM is mentioned 1.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- WM has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- WM is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- WM is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- WM is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- WM is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WM: Waste Management, Inc. provides waste management environmental services to residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers in North America. It offers collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. WM has a PE ratio of 174.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Waste Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Waste Management has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Management has a market cap of $22.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 3.2% with 11.12 days to cover. Shares are up 5.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Waste Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $555.00 million or 1.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WASTE MANAGEMENT INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.59%.
- 36.06% is the gross profit margin for WASTE MANAGEMENT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, WM's net profit margin of 5.89% significantly trails the industry average.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT INC's earnings per share declined by 13.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WASTE MANAGEMENT INC reported lower earnings of $0.21 versus $1.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.35 versus $0.21).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.