- WFC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $633.0 million.
- WFC has traded 25,934 shares today.
- WFC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WFC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WFC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WFC: Wells Fargo & Company provides retail, commercial, and corporate banking services to individuals, businesses, and institutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. WFC has a PE ratio of 12.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Wells Fargo a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Wells Fargo has been 13.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Wells Fargo has a market cap of $271.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 0.7% with 2.76 days to cover. Shares are up 15.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Wells Fargo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 3.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $5,519.00 million to $5,726.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for WELLS FARGO & CO is currently very high, coming in at 94.48%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.94% is above that of the industry average.
- WELLS FARGO & CO's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WELLS FARGO & CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.89 versus $3.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.12 versus $3.89).
- Despite the weak revenue results, WFC has outperformed against the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.