- ORLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.9 million.
- ORLY has traded 223,291 shares today.
- ORLY traded in a range 222.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.79.
- ORLY traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 34 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 34 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ORLY: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the retail of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States. ORLY has a PE ratio of 23.3. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate O'Reilly Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for O'Reilly Automotive has been 604,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. O'Reilly Automotive has a market cap of $16.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 3.9% with 8.77 days to cover. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates O'Reilly Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ORLY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 20.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.03 versus $4.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.15 versus $6.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 16.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $177.13 million to $205.65 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.05%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.13% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full O'Reilly Automotive Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.