- JPM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $749.9 million.
- JPM has traded 90,855 shares today.
- JPM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JPM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JPM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JPM: JPMorgan Chase & Co., a financial holding company, provides various financial services worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Consumer & Community Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, Commercial Banking, and Asset Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. JPM has a PE ratio of 15.4. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate JPMorgan Chase a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for JPMorgan Chase has been 12.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JPMorgan Chase has a market cap of $225.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 0.9% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JPMorgan Chase as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 89.61%. Regardless of JPM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JPM's net profit margin of 22.57% compares favorably to the industry average.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO's earnings per share declined by 8.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.51 versus $4.32).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income has decreased by 7.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $6,496.00 million to $5,985.00 million.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.