- GPC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.1 million.
- GPC has traded 1,200 shares today.
- GPC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPC: Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. GPC has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Genuine Parts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Genuine Parts has been 528,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Genuine Parts has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 3.3% with 11.47 days to cover. Shares are up 7.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- GPC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that GPC's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.59, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- GENUINE PARTS CO's earnings per share declined by 7.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENUINE PARTS CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.41 versus $4.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.60 versus $4.41).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $307.32 million or 12.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 12.36%, GENUINE PARTS CO is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -14.56%.
- You can view the full Genuine Parts Ratings Report.